Manufactured Homes – The Facts
As buying a home will be the largest and most important purchase you will ever make we encourage you to consider manufactured homes for outstanding quality and a cost-effective housing option. Here are some of the top reasons why you should look at manufactured homes:
- Depending on the region, construction costs for a new manufactured home average 10 to 35 percent less than a comparable site-built home.
- Appraisal studies show manufactured homes appreciate in value just like other forms of housing.
- All aspects of the construction process of a manufactured home are controlled and professionally supervised.
- The cost of construction materials are purchased in volume for extra savings.
- A wide variety of floor plans are available such as vaulted ceilings, fully-equipped kitchens, walk-in closets, among many other options.
- Features such as awnings, patio covers, decks, site-built garages and permanent foundations are often available as upgrades.
- A variety of exterior siding is available including vinyl, wood, or hardboard and in some cases stucco is an option too.
- Manufactured homes can be customized to meet your needs.
- Today’s manufactured homes are built with the same building materials used in site-built homes.
- Manufactured homes take less time to build than site-built homes, which means you get to move into your new home sooner.
- Approximately 90 percent of today’s manufactured homes never move from their original site.
- All aspects of construction are continually inspected by not one, but several professionally trained inspectors.
- Manufactured homes are constructed entirely in a controlled factory environment.
- Today’s manufactured homes are virtually indistinguishable from site-built homes and are fully compatible with any neighborhood architectural style.